Fixing Bugs - Saving Plots/Files with Period Characters in Them

• 16 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Probably 1.5 years ago I submitted a bug report for Zemax to fix a bug where the filename would be cutoff at the first dot/period in the filename.

For example, saving a plot as 'def=1.35_xxx.png' will only save a file as 'def=1.png'

Come on, it's not that hard to fix!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your post here on the community forums.

I am sorry to hear that you have trouble with saving files when using dots in their name.

I have just checked the bug report that has been created for you.
While we appreciate the impact of this issue on your workflow, it is low priority in our bug fixing list. We prioritize our bug reports based on severity, number of concerned users and impact on workflow.
We still value your bug report and will update our prioritization if additional community members raise the subject to us.

In the meantime, are you trying to save these plots using the Save As option in the ribbon bar of the analysis windows?

If so, I found that if you try to set the file name as “def=1.35_xxx.” (with the dot being the last character), then the image will be saved with the correct name.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,
Csilla