Feature Request: Add Configuration Label to Lens Data Editor

• 28 April 2022
  • 1 reply

When using multiple configurations in Zemax, I use the MOFF or LTTL operands to give labels/names to the configurations. This is useful for remembering what each configuration is doing, but it requires that the Multi-Configuration Editor (MCE) remain open, taking up valuable real estate, and I end up constant looking back and forth between the MCE and the Lens Data Editor (LDE) just to make sure I’m editing the right configuration. It would be very helpful (and I think easy) to make the label at the top of the LDE lookup the configuration name defined by LTTL and display it at the top of the LDE instead of simply “Configuration X/Y”. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I would love to see the Status Bar updated so we could have any cell displayed down there, including MCE values like LTTL.  It’s frustrating how little customization the Status Bar has when it would be so easy (and not break any current workflow/paradigm) to extend what can be shown in the status bar.  This solution would also help when you’re in a window besides the LDE.