Solved

Export CAD of an aspherical lens inkl. turning mirror

• 26 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi community,

I tried to export the CAD data of my optical system consisting of turning mirror, aspherical lens(placed after turning mirror)  and some rays. If the option “surface as solids” is checked, the exported mirror has negated curvature on both sides. Is there any setting i am missing?

Thank you in advance.
Ata

ported lens in CAD data is

icon

Best answer by Flurin Herren 27 June 2022, 14:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi @amarandi 

Thanks for posting this into our Forum!

Let me summarize: When you export your optical system from OpticStudio (sequential mode?) you can see that the geometrical components are flawed within your CAD environment (Weird shapes as on your image)

Workaround/Solution approach

My first idea would be that you have hit the limitation/current Bug of the ACIS export library with your optical system. So if you navigate to the Project Preferences -> General -> Untick "Use ACIS Library" (Image below), OpticStudio will automatically switch to our old SMS Export Library. Usually the ACIS is a more stable export library, so I would recommend to only switch back to the SMS library if you experience issues with the ACIS.

The CAD export after the switching to the old export library is exactly the same. So please go ahead and try that, and let me know if that has worked or not. 

Best,

Hi Flurin,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.  It worked very well.

Regards,
Ata