Solved

Export CAD file

• 26 May 2021
  • 2 replies

• Single Emitter
  • 0 replies

Hi

I want to export the lens design I drew on Zemax to Solidworks. I've never had a problem with my version in 2019 before. But now, when I save it as stl or step file(in fact, it creates a file type in the form of '.stl.log' and then I delete the' log ' part.) using the CAD Files tool and open it through solidworks, nothing appears.

icon

Best answer by Sahil 27 May 2021, 10:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Adem,

Thanks for posting in forum !

May I have your file(or simplified file that can reproduce the problem) that you have problem to export as the CAD part.

Which version are you using? Is there any error message shown?

If you had success with the CAD exporting for the freeform surface before but experience failure recently in a new version. Then it might because the newer CAD library didn’t handle the export well, you may use the old CAD library by unticking the following option under project preference.

we recently improve the new library a lot for supporting the failed CAD exporting, if you would like, I can have a test with a fixed version that have the improvements implemented.

Regards

Sahil

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Adem,

Thanks for posting in forum !

May I have your file(or simplified file that can reproduce the problem) that you have problem to export as the CAD part.

Which version are you using? Is there any error message shown?

If you had success with the CAD exporting for the freeform surface before but experience failure recently in a new version. Then it might because the newer CAD library didn’t handle the export well, you may use the old CAD library by unticking the following option under project preference.

we recently improve the new library a lot for supporting the failed CAD exporting, if you would like, I can have a test with a fixed version that have the improvements implemented.

210527-100447-image.png

Regards

Sahil

Hi Sahil,

I’ve been looking for a solution to ZOS exporting CAD problem for a while, now the same problem has happened to be resolved for me too. Thank you for your life-saver answer.

Best Regards