Error when importing STEP file

• 18 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I just updated OpticStudio version 20.2.2 to version 20.3.2. After upgrading, I am unable to import step files that had previously been imported with no issue. I'm not sure what can be causing this?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello Camille,

In OpticStudio 20.3 we introduce new libraries for handling CAD files (see details here). These new libraries will improve the speed and reliablility of OS when importing, exporting, ray tracing CAD objects. However, it may be that they are linked to the error you are seeing. Would it be possible to send us a copy of the CAD file you are having problems with and we will investigate. If you cannot share the file on the public forum you could open a private support case ( Open a New Case · MyZemax) and attach it there.

In the meantime you can verify the issue is linked to the new libraries by temporarily switching back to the old libraries by going to Project Preferences...General and deselecting the option Use ACIS Libraries. Please let me us know if you continue to have problems after doing this.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I de-selected the 'Use ACIS Libraries' option in Project Preferences. I am now able to import the step files. I will open a new support case and attach one of the step files I was having issues with.

Thanks again.