Solved

Discrepancy in path analysis results with filter string

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to use path analysis to analyse rays that reach certain region of my detector (detector colour). So I use filter string to define the interested region. And the path analysis results is shown below. The detector is object 42.

After that, I want to take a look of the first ray path shown in the document above in 3D layout viewer. So I opened the ZRD file in the 3D layout viewer accordingly and use the same filter string with &_1 added at the end. The result is shown below.

It is surprise to me that in the above picture, there are more than 2 Branches shown. But according to the path analysis result there is supposed to be only 2 branches for the path number 1. So I tried to add&_1 to the end of the string of the path analysis window. The result is shown below:

The number of branches changed to 50. May I know the reason of this discrepancy? Did I miss any step in order to see the first path in the path analysis results correctly?

Hope can hear from you soon!

Best Regards,

Jing

icon

Best answer by Kevin Scales 6 July 2023, 20:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Jing,

The _n filter is used a little differently than the others. To use it, you first open the Path Analysis and check the box to Generate Path Filters. This then makes that filter available on other tools.

So in your case, you can just do this and then apply the _1 in your 3D layout, or whichever tool you wish to use.