Solved

Diochoric making and Infrared image simulation

• 13 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi guys. Have a good day.

I am a freshman using Zemax and I am having trouble with diochoric beam splitter simulation.

I am making a diochoric for both infrared light and visible light. When i added a lens on the refractive part, the same lens appear in the refractive part. It can not be controlled separately. Is there any way to handle it?

Secondly, Is it possible to simulate the infrared image on Zemax? By changing wavelength or increase the temperature or some special module? (please click on the image below, there is a problem with image upload)

Best regards

20210413_095038.png
icon

Best answer by Berta.Bernad 13 April 2021, 12:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Use ignore operand in multic-configuration to remove the lens.

Could you post an image of this function, I can not find it in my Zemax. My version is 18.1

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Hieu,

As Andrey said, you will need to use the Multiconfiguration Operand IGNM to ignore or consider a range of surfaces:

The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Multiple Configuration Editor > Multi-Configuration Operands

I have made a sample file to illustrate it (Find it attached). As you can see, I have added a lens in the transmitted path (Conf 1) but ignore it in the reflected (Conf 2):

The Wavelength settings are available in the System Explorer:

You can set a new wavelenght by double clicking in the 'Settings' menu. Keep in mind that wavelength data is always measured in micrometers referenced to “air” at the current system temperature and pressure.

Best,

Berta

Hi Berta.

Thanks for your guidance, i corrected it succesfully.

Thanks so much.