Solved

dichroic mirror in NSC mode

• 25 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I would like to model Long Pass DM ( >665nm), my laser is 785 nm and a collected signal from the sample below 665 nm. I read the article on dichroic mirror simulation, but in my simulation, I need two light sources. For the excitation light 785 nm I don’t see a problem, however on the sample, at the same point the detector (for the excitation beam) and light source ( for the light from the sample >665 nm) is needed. How to locate to two different components of different functions at the same location? I want to add, that this is my assumption that this could be done that way. 

Thank you,

Regards,

Marzanna

icon

Best answer by Chandan.Maurya 31 May 2023, 12:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Marzanna,

As far as I understood the problem, you want to place a source at the sample surface. This can be done using multiconfiguration in the NSC editor. 

The appropriate coating can also be applied by editing the coating files.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks.

Hi Chandan,

Thank you for your message. If I understand correctly, the excitation WL is 785 nm, and 665 nm is a signal from the sample WL. Why one of detectors is tilted at 45 degrees? Is it possible to get it in the Zemax file ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Marzanna

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Marzana,

One of the detectors is tilted at 45 degrees with reference to surface 2 (beam splitter) to make the detector exactly at 90 degrees from your sample reference (as you have shown in your layout). 

Zemax file is attached you make have to make some small changes in the layout settings (color ray by config, config all, split rays disabled) to get the same layout attached in the previous post.

Thanks.

Thank you ! :) 

Regards

Hi Chandan,

May I ask what is the purpose of the Null Object 1? Is it only to use it as a reference object?

Also, in MC Editor, you used PRAM operand that got zero value for both configurations. Was it added by mistake or what is its function in the simulation?

Regards,

Marzanna

Userlevel 3
Badge

Null Object 1 is for reference.

Yes, you can delete the PRAM operand in MC editor.