Solved

Designing Reflective System with One faceted surface and Plane Mirror

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I have 2 CAD files, thickness parameters of CAD files and distance between them. I want to design these with sensor. For that do I need single non sequential component in mixed mode or multiple non sequential components. 

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 25 October 2021, 14:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Yadav

The main limitation in mixed mode is that the software is sometimes struggling to link the rays from the entrance port to the rays at the exit port. This means if the software doesn’t manage to link the rays, then some analysis won’t work like for example the wavefront map, etc….

So I suppose that the answer really depends on your system and the analyses you would like to make. I would first try with one and see how that works.

For reference: https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005577002-How-to-model-a-mixed-sequential-non-sequential-system

Hii Sandrine Auriol

Thanks for reply.

Please try with one and help. Now I am trying in mixed mode & I am not sure do I need to add two non sequential components or one. I have to make on axis catadioptric system with CAD files. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Yadav

Would it be possible to open a ticket (you can do that by emailing support@zemax.com) and share your file with us (File...save as...zar)?

Thank you.