Solved

default field height in image simulation

• 24 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Every time I initiate a image simulation in Zemax, the number in “Field Height” shows up automatically and it seems to be different than the max “real image height” I set in the fields setting. I’m very curious how is this “Field Height” calculated? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 25 August 2022, 11:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

The Field Height setting of the Image Simulation analysis is used to define the actual size of your image (along the Y axis). This is because your image has a size in pixels, such as 640 x 480 for the demo picture, and OpticStudio (OS) wants to know what this size corresponds to. In other words, OS wants to know what the pixel size is.

In contrast, the Field setting is there to specify around which system field (the ones you define in the Field Data Editor) should the image be centred. I hope the image below can help clarify the situation.

Let me know if that answers your question. Take care,

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

And as a note, the number that appears in “Field Height” is the one saved in the Configuration File for the Image Simulation tool. 

The “Save” button that appears in the analysis windows saves the current settings to the OpticStudio configuration file, while the “Load” one allows the user to load a previously saved configuration.