comment window

• 13 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Would it be possible to create a 'comment ' window inside Opticstudio?

Much like the analysis report surface data, but then one in which I can insert some information(text) or notes about the design setup, choises made etc.

Would be very handy to have a .zmx file stored with this written information saved in the file itself.

The 'comment' window could be a simple text editor, like the one used to fill out this question.

Arnoud  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Arnoud,

OpticStudio does have a built-in location for adding notes within the System Explorer. Would this work for you? You can add your comments as shown below:

Best,

Allie

Badge

Dear Allie,

I know the 'Notes field' in the Title/notes. This is however a small field with limited capabilities (text only , limited width). Would it not be handier if we can add a special window where inforation/notes can be stored in a modern way.

just like :

Arnoud

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Arnoud,

Thanks for the clarification, and also for bringing this idea to our attention. I have gone ahead and submitted this internally as a feature request on your behalf.

Please keep in mind that feature requests are weighed based on impact, difficulty to implement, and the number of users who request it. A request is not a guarantee that the feature will be added to a future release. Nevertheless, these feature requests are very important to us and shape the future of OpticStudio, so we appreciate your input regarding desired functionality.

As an additional note, if you would like to use this comment window for version management purposes, then I would suggest to take a look at this forum thread: Version managment of OpticStudio The posts here inculde a couple of suggestions about how to keep track of your files.

Best,

Csilla