combination of single emitter with FAC and SAC

• 5 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello,

Here, I want to combine numbers of the single emitter to form a high power laser diode instead of an array of diodes. I am trying to add single emitters with their FAC and SAC and want to couple that light into an MMF fiber. it's possible to generate a system like the attached image in sequential or we have to use non-sequential mode. 

ref_image.jpg

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Dr Neha

I think you can do it in sequential mode with a configuration per single emitter. Some tools work well with multiple configurations. For example, you can calculate the coupling using the Geometric Image Analysis with all the configurations. 

Sandrine

Hello Sandrine,

Thank you for your response. Can you please convert this conversation into a case?

How can we add multiple single emitters in parallel or serial form?

A tilted mirror is ok for that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Dr. Neha!

Thanks for your follow-up here. I have gone ahead and started a new case for you on this topic. You should be able to see it in your case history with us, but I will also follow up with you to ensure that you're able to access it. Thanks!

~ Angel

Hello All,

How can we find the divergence angles plot after the collimation (after FAC and SAC)? 

Please suggest, how I can calculate the system, receiver, and maximum efficiency of the fiber-coupled laser diode.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Neha,

With respect to your question, it seemed related to a system you sent to us through your MyZemax case, so I've addressed the inquiry there. If there are any details you'd like to discuss on the public forums here, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Angel

Hello everyone, 

In a multi-emitters system, how can I get the spot diagram of all single emitter at the same time..?

Please see the link given below:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211379718317510

My other question is: how can we design a half-wave plate in sequential mode??