Skip to main content
Solved

color detector log

• 24 June 2024
  • 7 replies

is here way to use log scale for color detector? I can see my light with log-10, but cannot with Contrast Enhancement 100%.

or can I import color data with same precision as log -10 and info about wave?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

in non-sequential mode there is Detector viewer you can switch scale to log -5, -10 and -15.

Hi

but this dont work for “true color” with “color detector”

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Trouble is, true color is true color. There’s no set of switches in the human eye to make these scaling changes, so whatever was implemented would stop being ‘true color’. It would end up being some kind of False color, and we already have lots of controls and options for that.

It would end up being some kind of False color, and we already have lots of controls and options for that.

is here false color which speak about waves ?

I need real waves. true color nice, but I need UV and NIR also.

can I import sensor data with wave info to different software? where I can make proper visualization?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t really follow your question @Aleksandr.Makarov.

True Color attempts to model the response of the eye, so the detector looks like what you would see in real life. In the UV and NIR there is no True Color, it only exists in the eye’s spectral range. Does that help?

• Mark

True Color attempts to model the response of the eye

​​​​​​

I dont care about True color and eye. 

in real world most CCD and CMOS lost info about wavelenght. But software dont have so hard limits as hardware.

is here way to visualize or import to different software: intensity, position and wavelenght UV-NIR rays which hit sensor?

for now I can see only intensity and position. is this correct or I was mistaken?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MultispectralComparedToHyperspectral.jpg

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can save rays in zrd file and get data from it.