Coating of detector in Stray Light analysis

• 16 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I am wondering how to set the QE (or coating) of the detector in the stray light analysis. In the real world, the efficiency of the detector/ (QE) is not 100%, which means part of the lights will be reflected by the surface of the detector. For this reason, I need to set the coating of the detector with like 80%. Could you provide some suggestions on how to do that properly? (Currently, what I do is insert a thin film just in front of the detector with 80% transmission. I am not sure if this is the right way I should do it.)

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Shaojie,

Normally coatings cannot be placed on a detector because the detector object is modeled as a plane and not a full physical object. To get around this, you can either change the material of the detector to mirror and apply the coating (with the right transmittance defined) or, as you have done, insert a dummy surface in front of the detector and then add the coating to that surface instead.

Hi Berta, 

Thanks for your response, which is helpful!

And another question about the coacting. In the coating list, there are lots of named coatings. How can I learn detailed information about the transmittance, wavelength coverage, etc?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Shaojie,

I saw you also opened a support ticket on this question. I'll reply to you via email and attach a sample file there for your reference shortly. 

Best regards,

Hui

Thanks Hui!