Can't open ZAR files with ZOS

• 30 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Anyone else getting this error message when trying to restore a file from archive (*.ZAR)?  'One or more errors occurred.'  I've attached a ZAR file that I'm having issues with (this isn't the only one) that was created from the Zemax sample doublet.  I submitted a help request a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks.

Pat..

5 replies

Hello,

I just opend your file with 20.3.1 without a problem. Do you mind try to open it in OpticStudio 20.3.1?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your post here! 

I've seen in our system that one of my colleagues has replied to your case. Did you get her e-mail? If not, let me know and I'll forward it to you. It seems that she logged a bug report and our devs are still working on it.

In the meantime, you can try to open OpticStudio as an administrator (right click on the icon > Run as administrator) and check if the issue persists. Also, I'd double check that your machine has the correct permissions set up for your user and you are able to access the destination folder:

Sorry about the inconveniences and thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

Best,

Berta 

Badge

Hi Berta,

Thanks for the info.  Answers to your questions:

• The problem occurrs when I'm runing V20.3.1.  Other people in my company have the same problem and I know of someone outside my company that has the same problem.

• Yes, I've been in touch with your collegue and have gotten his emails.

• I do not have admin priviledges but I know someone who does.  I'll ask them to try and get back to you.

• I have permissions to access the destination folders.

Thanks again.

Patrick

Badge

Hi Berta,

Launching ZOS with 'Run as administrator' gives the same error message when trying to open the ZAR file.

Thanks.

Patrick

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for doing this test, Patrick!

I have added your findings to the bug report, so we'll come back to you as soon as we have any relevant information.

Best,

Berta