Solved

CAD Part Zemax Part Designer

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Attempting to load a CAD file created from Part Designer into NSC component editor, per the user manual the object type drop down box one of the choices is supposed to be 'CAD Part Zemax Part Designer' that then is supposed to point to the .ZPO file created in Part Designer, it doesn't have that choice, in fact the CAD files are only the typical STL and IGES type of files.  I have OpticsStudio Professional 20.2.1.  

icon

Best answer by Kevin Scales 7 July 2020, 23:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your question to Zemax Support. The CAD Part Zemax Part Designer option for objects is available in Premium but not in Professional versions of OpticStudio. You may upgrade to Premium into order to get this and a few other CAD Part object options.

Best regards,

Kevin Scales

Badge +1

Hello,

I am reading the Feature Comparison for subscription licenses at Zemax website https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0539/4959/5825/files/osdoc_subscription_compareeditions_a4_20-3_092020-en-us.pdf?v=1622161489  

It is said here that “Part designer – static parts” is available in professional versions, but “Part designer – dynamic parts” is not. Could someone please explain what the static parts and dynamic parts are and what is the difference between them?

Thanks!
- Maria

Userlevel 1

I suspect that dynamic parts mean CAD Part: Zemax Part Designer components. These are parts you can draw in the Part Designer and can make aspects of them parametrizable for the Merit function.