Solved

CAD Export has some features grayed out and fixed: How to access them?

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear All,

I am Attempting to export a Non sequential design in a STEP format. I would also like to export the ray.

Problem is that when I open the CAD files export the folowing options are grayed out:

-Number of rays: grayed and fixed to the value 0

-Ray Pattern, grayed and fixed on the option XY fan

-Angular tolerance grayed and fixed on low

-Box Delete vigetted grayed and fixed on checked

With these options not accessible I cannot produce a reasonable STEP file. Previously I have done it without problems.

Someone has an idea about?

Thanks

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Akhil Dutt Vijayakumar 8 March 2024, 18:18

View original

2 replies

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

In the non-sequential design, the number of rays cannot be changed in the same way as the sequential CAD export. To add rays, you can change the number of layouts rays before you export your design. I can show you an example of cook 40-degree field in non-sequential mode for easy understanding.

Here I have taken different number of layout rays for each source. Then the exported CAD design(step file) is opened in SPEOS. (see attached images)

The exported model has the same ray pattern.

Hope that helps.

Akhil

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Akhil,

Thanks for the answer, this has clarified me quite a lot the differences in the new CAD export environment.

Unfortunately I thought that the deactivation of these fileds was the cause of my problems. Turn out it was not.

To summarize my problems were:

• no rays visible in the CAD exported file
  • False position of one element (completely false I mean)
  • Impossibility to read the CAD file with CATIA

Thanks to Zemax support I solved al the three roblems by un-checking the Parasolid libraries  in the preferences Menu.

Anyway your answer was a´helpful.

Best regards

Gabriele