Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I’m designing miniaturized optical systems for imaging, but I’ve encountered a problem I can’t solve. My system is very simple (monochrome), and I’ve damped all aberrations (Spherical, Coma, Astigmatism, Field Curvature) to below 2 microns using aspherical surfaces. However, I still get a blurry image in the image simulation feature, while in other systems where the aberrations are larger, the image simulation results are much sharper and crisper.

Is there any insight you can provide to help me resolve this issue? I can upload my simulation file if needed.

Cheers,  
Mo

Hi,

Can you please upload the file. It could help to solve the problem.

B.R

Nadav

Hi,

Can you please upload the file. It could help to solve the problem.

B.R

Nadav

Hi Nadav

Here’s the link to download the files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CvJ_TESQ4Gj-N3qeEeTY5pfU19VEYoC0

Please also add the AGF/BGF files to your material catalogue.

Hi,

Thanks for the file, but i cant open the material catalog.

Can you please give the abbe number and refractive index ofr the matrials (pdms and water)

EDIT:

No matter, I open the material catalog.

Best regards,

Nadav

Hi,

Thanks for the file, but i cant open the material catalog.

Can you please give the abbe number and refractive index ofr the matrials (pdms and water)/

Best regards,

Nadav

Hi

When I try to model the material with abbe number and refractive index, it generates an error! However, here are the material properties:

PDMS: Nd: 1.41336623117, Vd: 52.3454861467

Water: Nd: 1.33304403094, Vd: 1.33304403094

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Mo

Hi,

Here an uploaded image:

What did you use for wavelength?

It should be 1, otherwise it will compute it with full rgb and  you will have huge abberation.

By the way is the system desgined for laser? what is the bandwidth?

Thanks,

Nadav

Hi,

Here an uploaded image:

What did you use for wavelength?

It should be 1, otherwise it will compute it with full rgb and  you will have huge abberation.

By the way is the system desgined for laser? what is the bandwidth?

Thanks,

Nadav

It’s been designed for 460 nm and the bandwidth is 30 nm. So the problem is not the design?

Cheers,

Mo

I dont think the design is the problem.

But if you add 475nm and 445nm as 2,3 wavelenth you will see that your system is not diffraction limited anymore.

Maybe you can improve it by changing sone of the lenses to different polymer.

Nadav

I think Nadav is correct

If you use wavelength 1, the IS calculation will use that wavelength and do a monochromatic calculation. If you select All, OpticStudio will trace rays at R, G, B wavelengths (see docs for full details) even if your design is nominally monochromatic.

• Mark