Solved

Ansys ZOS (2023 R2.02) STEP export missing bodies and rays

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello, 

I am having issues with ZOS CAD export function in Ansys ZOS 2023 R2.02 where an exported STEP file, when imported into Solidworks (2023), lacks some of the bodies and rays. Has anyone encountered this problem before? 

I tried to export the same design file to a STEP file from Ansys ZOS 2022 R2.02 and the imported STEP file contained no missing part.  So, perhaps it is related to the newer Ansys ZOS version? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanshin

icon

Best answer by Ray 3 November 2023, 13:21

View original

4 replies

Hi,

I had a similar issue when exporting as STEP file into Inventor professional 2022 from Zemax version 23.1.3 (Legacy). So far i haven’t found any solution. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,
Have you tried checking or unchecking the parasolid library option ?

Badge

That was it! With “Use Parasolid Libraries” unchecked, the exported step file now contains all bodies and rays when imported into Solidworks (2023) with 3D interconnect option turned on. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Considerable headache over this, but found this thread and unchecking ‘Use Parasolid Libraries’ also worked for me.

As a solidworks users, the .xt file format is nice as it doesn’t need to be converted. The issue was that it was always importing with units of ‘meters’ and couldn’t find a way to fix this. I tried changing the “ModelUnits=Millimeter” in the file header but didn’t have any effect. I also tired changing SW template units and scaling, but neither worked satisfactorily.