Solved

Align imported CAD coordinate system in non-sequential mode

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I’m currently facing a problem about aligning the correct coordinate system between my imported CAD file and the source ray. 

So, I imported a CAD file into the NSC mode, and then I lunched a source ray to intersect with the CAD model. However, as the coordinate system between the NSC source ray and the CAD model is different. I can only do manual adjustment of the x,y,z position to attempt to intersect this two objects, and it is clearly not accurate.

My question is, is there any operand or marco to help me get the global coordinate of two models? I think with the vlaue of the two global coordinates, I can adjust the value and ask the two align using zemax marco. Or is there any better idea to align these two objects in NSC mode?

Thanks in advance.

Daoming

icon

Best answer by Andrey.Pravdivtsev 15 October 2021, 10:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

A simplest way is to move the object in correct position in any CAD. Or if you know any specific point  on the object you can trace rays and optimize position of the object to hit the surface.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the reply. Aside from move the object in CAD, is there any method in ZEMAX where I can align a specific coordinate using zpl programming?

Best wishes

Daoming

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Daoiming

You can try to use operands NPXV, NPYV, NPZV, NTXV, NTYV, NTZV to control position of the objects. 

Or you can use NSST to hit the ray in the exact point. 

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the hint, I’ll give it a try!

All the best

Daoming