Skip to main content

3D Layout gets stuck after a while and does not respond to mouse scrolls or clicks. Anyone else facing this issue in 2024 release ?

Yes, this is still an issue for me as well. I also notice the workaround I mentioned in your previous topic is very slow now. I have a non-sequential model that can take 7+ minutes to load the 3D layout when I switch to the Classic tab, but only 3 seconds to load when I switch back to the Graph tab. 

Just to add a data point, I have observed this on versions prior to 2024. At least on the 3D shaded view.

I filed a support ticket October 2023. #64230. Ticket’s been closed, a bug was filed.

Freezing started for me in Opticstudio 23.2.1, and continues to be a problem through to OpticStudio 2024R1.03 that I’m using now.

I clone the window and close the old one, but it’s extremely irritating. Next time will try the switch to classic view and back.

I’ve been having problems with both the standard 2D Layout and the 3D Layout windows essentially locking up.  Hopefully this can be fixed in the next release.