Solved

Increasing max diffraction order beyond 10 for RCWA analysis dll

• 2 August 2023
  • 3 replies

According to Zemax’s online help https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005578722-Simulating-diffraction-efficiency-of-surface-relief-grating-using-the-RCWA-method, for the particular diffraction grating that we are trying to model,  we need to increase the Max Order parameter.

In the help on “simulating diffraction efficiency  of a surface relief grating using the RCWA method” authored by Michael Cheng and updated on April 28, 2023 under the subsection Max Order it is stated

“This is currently limited to 10 (totally 21 harmonics). When the number is larger than 10, it’s modified to 10 in the DLL. Contact support team to increase the limitation.”

What is the procedure to increase the limitation?

icon

Best answer by Allie 5 August 2023, 00:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Malkiel - great question! I chatted with Michael Cheng about this. He told me that users can submit their requests to our team via a case created on the zemax.com portal, or directly to Michael on the forum post below:

We received your request and Michael will be updating the DLL. We expect it to be updated in the next release: 2023 R2.02. I’ll reach out individually to you to see about getting you a beta test of the new functionality.

That would be much appreciated.  Thank you for your help!

This helped.  Thank you very much.