Skip to main content

I have used User-defined DLL (Source DLL) by myself with compiling CPP to DLL. It is working well in 2023 R2 but it can’t be loaded in 2024 R1. Is there some difference in loading DLL? Please let me know if there is someone who has experience. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Munseok

@Munseok 

Are both version of OpticStudio installed on the same computer? Also, do you get an error message?

Take care,

David

@David.Nguyen

Thank you for the response. It is a different computer having different resources. The 2024 version is installed on the server having many cores and I can remotely access the server. There is nothing different about the DLL file. I aslo attached an image of the error message as below. Thank you. 

@Munseok 

Its not like I understand those things really well, but could you try to recompile the DLL on the server directly and try again?

Take care,

David

@David.Nguyen 

Thank you for the comment. I also compiled it in the server but it is still not working. Even if I try to compile existing CPP (AstigmaticGaussian.cpp from ZEMAX). The DLL cannot be loaded on the server. (Original DLL is well working). I also check the license issue. There is no issue of License. It seems that ZEMAX in the server cannot load user-defined DLL. The weird thing is that there are many unused columns after the error message. This can be one of the reasons for some errors in the DLL.