API (CS User Analysis): Non-Sequential Segment By Segment Path Analysis

• 16 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This Zemax user analysis performs a path-analysis on an input ZRD file. The specified ZRD file will be read, and the ray paths sorted by total power in each path. This ray path analysis includes the hit-face data, meaning a ray which ghosts within a single object will be differentiated with the ray path which doesn’t ghost. This makes the analysis more robust than the native Path Analysis feature, but produces a more complex data output. As it is also slower than the native Path Analysis feature, it is recommended for use only when this level of detail is required in path analysis data. Some options are included to limit the depth of analysis to improve speed.

Author: @Zach Derocher 

Click here to download

Date Version OpticStudio Version Comment
2020/01/01 1.0 19.4 Creation

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Looks interesting, but is it limited to subscription model only ?

I have copied it in the “User Analysis” folder but it does not appear in the Programming toolbar (I have restarted Zemax). I use the latest version (22.1.1), premium, but not the subscription model. Or is it because my version is too recent ? This exe was built for version 19.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes it is limited to Premium Subscription licence.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have tried with a subscription license, it does not appear in the menu either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Ray

Sorry I am not sure what is going on. The exe is under {Zemax}\ZOS-API\User Analysis. Here is what I see in OpticStudio. I’ll ask one of my colleagues to check too.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Did a solution for this ever get found?

I’m also not seeing it show up in the User Analysis menu. Premium license, not sure about Premium Subscription.

Also tried changing the name of one of the existing four default analyses (shown below) as a test. The name didn’t change in the User Analysis menu. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @joshdfreeman,

Thanks for your post here! It sounds like it may be an issue with your Folders settings in the System Explorer. Can you double check that the file paths listed in System Explorer...Folders tab are pointing to the same location where you are adding in the User Analysis and editing the names of the custom analyses? For the API folders, they’ll be searched for based on your Data setting:

I’ve seen instances where an organization’s IT department automatically sets up machines with some cloud or remote drive as the default storage location. It would be worth checking there isn’t some duplicate {Zemax} folder stored elsewhere on your machine/another remote drive that these folder settings are pointing to rather than your folder of choice.

Let us know how these thoughts work for you -- thanks!