Stock Lens Matching tool - Lens flip side

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @David.Nguyen  Awesome!!!! Thank you so much.

For the problem of Merit Function operands that depend on specific surface numbers, I don’t think it’s  a problem if you delete DMFS operant. 

I made a short video to show if you add or delete surfaces, the operands depend on specific surface numbers will also automatically changed.

https://zemax-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/hsiao/Ef-yGabiWjdFvDdOJCYAxFEBxUa8PX3kc1yqOqopJqvr3w?e=dWdyii

Maybe I don’t fully understand your question, could you please give me some examples?

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@David.Nguyen  Regarding to the problem of “the thickness tolerances are absent for Surface 4.”, I think it’s also similar to DMFS. Could you please try what happened if you don’t delete DMFS? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@David.Nguyen  Here is some feedback from SONY.

If there is a symmetry system as blow pictures, that is, the right side doublet is totally picked up from the left hand side doublet, it’s better to consider this pick up to save the optimization time and ensure the two doublets are the same after taking SLM.

Below is the comparison between the build-in SLM and your Extension.

A) The original file in Zemax. The left lens and the right lens are the same in pickup.

B) Run the OpticStudio build-in SLM.

The result is as expected. If you look closely, you can see that the first doublet appears to be inverted.

C) Run David's Extension.

Pickup is not working, and group 1 and group 2 are different.

Also, if you look closely, you can see that the doublet of group 1 is a little bit wired.

The original file is as attachment.

Again, SONY expresses great pleasure in seeing this tool and would be happy to help you test various conditions and provide suggestions. Thank you again for your efforts!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@David.Nguyen Thank you so much!

I think the key point is, if there are two identical and symmetrical lenses set (or doublet, triboulet) in the system,
when replacing them, make sure that they are also identical and symmetrical lens combinations.

In this condition, you can only replace the left one to stock lens, and just copy and flip for the right one. 

Maybe it is not easy to examine the system has identical and symmetrical lenses set.

For example, try to find if there are two surface has the same parameters but only radius has opposite sign, then we can say they are identical and symmetrical.