Solved

Simulating Ronchi Ruling

• 10 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I am trying to place a Ronchi ruling style grating into my optical system in ZEMAX, but am unsure how to start! I am new to ZEMAX and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 11 June 2021, 02:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Use a Diffraction grating or any of the other diffractive surfaces and you'll see it in the parameter columns.

Hi Mark!

Thank you, that makes sense. Do you know if this is possible to configure in sequential mode? I see the lines/um column in non-sequential mode, but cannot seem to find this in sequential mode.

Thanks again,

Sara

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Sara

All I mean is to use the lines/um parameter of the difraction grating surface, and enter whatever frequency is appropriate. A ronchi might be 0.1 lines/micron to 0.01 lines/micron for example.

- Mark

Hi Mark!

Could you help explain how you would configure the driffraction grating as a low-spatial frequency grating? I have tried to look up what that means but cannot seem to find an explaination for how to do this in ZEMAX.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Sara,

You can use the diffraction grating surface (or objecty in NS mode) and simply configure it as a low-spatial frequency grating. Or, use a slide surface (object) to import a bitmap of black and white lines at the approriate point in the system.

- Mark