Solved

Rotation of the human eye

• 1 November 2021
  • 4 replies

• Monochrome
  • 2 replies

I’m creating a modeling system in SC of the human eye with a lens in front of it. The rays of the system are coming from different positions in space. 

I’m trying to rotate the human eye with C.B but I’m ending up with two situations:

1. The eye is rotating except for the retina
  2. Only the lens that located in front of the eye is rotating

I even try to add a dummy surface after the retina but it wasn’t helpful

How can I rotate only the eye?

icon

Best answer by Sven.Stöttinger 1 November 2021, 14:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Nim,

did you try using the Tilt/Decenter Elements-Icon in the lens data window? Here you can setup the start and end of all surfaces that should be tilted and/or decentered. I’ve added two Coordinate Breaks in your Zemax file, please mind that I changed your material types to N-BK7 since my OpticStudio did not know your materials.

Hope that will help you.

Best regards,

Sven

Hi Sven, 

Thank you for replaying.

I’ve looked at the system you send, but if we look closer on the eye and lens, we can see that the eye is leveled with XYZ system but the lens and the dummy surfaces has tilted.

Is there something here I’m missing?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok, the eye is leveled with the XYZ system since one component of the eye was set to be the global coordinate reference. If you set for example surface 1 to be the surface global coordinate reference, then you see that the eye is tilted while the rest is leveled with the coordinate system.

Thank you very much Sven it was very helpful