Skip to main content
Question

OpticStudio crashes when saving image from Shaded Layout w/ custom settings [Ansys Zemax 2024 R1.03]

• 30 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Bug - Saving image from Shaded Layout crashes with custom settings such as below crashes the software.

• Opacity: 50%
  • Gradient: White (first option in the drop down list)

-AS

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve been doing a lot of animations lately and I experienced the same. However it doesn’t seem to be related to my settings. I have two work around so far:

1. I restart my computer, and then if I don’t use other programs simultaneously, I am able to save the image from my Shaded Layout. I have a feeling that when I have Outlook running in parallel, I am more prone to experiencing crashes.
  2. I export the image through the ZOS-API:

Method 1 seem to work consistently, after every reboot, I am fine with my exports until I start other programs and then its hit-and-miss. Once it crashes once, it keeps on crashing though (until I restart).

From my tests, it is also not dependent on the resolution or the file format of the export.

Method 2 also works consistently, but it is difficult to configure the view and so far, it doesn’t support the zoom.

I hope this helps.
Take care,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I hwish the ZOS software maintenance management and team would take the initiative to fix obvious bugs like this.  2024.R2 should be spent fixing bugs like this and LAYOUT3D.  It’s what we pay these very high support fees for!

Mike

Userlevel 1

Hi Asuku, David and Mike,

Thank you for reporting this bug here. I would like to inform you that this is a known bug already reported on our system and is planned to be fixed on ZOS release 2025 R1. 

Apologies for any inconvenience, please let me know if you have any additional comments on this bug.

Kind Regards,

Niki