Solved

How does ZOS-API Batch Tracing Large Numbers of Polarization Rays obtain results in the global coordinate system?

• 22 December 2023
  • 3 replies

ZOS-API Batch mentioned in bulk polarization ray tracing,

Note that when reading back the ray trace data that the coordinates, direction cosines and electric field (exr, exi, eyr, eyi, ezr, ezi) are returned in the local coordinate system. To convert to global coordinates, you will need to use the GetGlobalMatrix() method of the ILensDataEditor interface to retrieve a matrix for conversion.

In other words, the results obtained by polarization ray tracing are in the local coordinate system. So what should I do if I want to obtain the electric field vector in the global coordinate system?

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 23 December 2023, 19:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

?

Doesn’t the text you quoted explicitly answer your question?

@Mark.Nicholson Sorry, I didn't understand the usage of GetGlobalMatrix() method accurately. That is to say, what should I do after obtaining the global coordinate transformation matrix? Since there are no examples, I'm not sure how to do it correctly.

@Mark.Nicholson I think I understand how to solve the problem. Just multiply it directly after obtaining the coordinate information.