Solved

Entrance Port and Exit Port in Hybrid mode

• 21 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi  Dear staffs, I have gone through the help document on Ports but If  I get any demo files with explanation would be helpful to understand the function and importance of  defining Ports. Kindly give your valuable ideas, Thank you

Ebinesh

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 21 January 2022, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Ebinesh,

I’m not sure what you’d like to have as an example. Entry and Exit Ports in OpticStudio are kind of analogous to a physical entry/exit port in an optical system. When the sequential rays are launched, only those that make it to the Entry Port are traced within the non-sequential component and only up to the Exit Port. One problem that can arise is that the Exit Port is not placed correctly, and rays get terminated prematurely. Coincidentaly, the issue happened to another user in this thread recently.

Do you have an example where you are facing difficulties with the Entry/Exit Ports?

I hope this helps, and take care,

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Ebi

Have a look at our help files:

Our sample files with prisms are generally mixed mode files so having a look at how they are built is a good way to learn: {Zemax}\Samples\Non-sequential\Prisms

But as David says, feel free to share the file where you have a problem and we can help. You can also email the support if easier.

Userlevel 1

Hi Ms. Sandrine, Thanks for your help can I get the mail id.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

support@zemax.com