Solved

Spot diagram screen is black.

• 27 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Zemax (started a course with Coursersa two weeks ago). When I open the spot diagram window I don't see any spots, I can only see a black screen. when opening the text tab I can see the relevant information. Why do I get a black screen?

icon

Best answer by Alissa Wilczynski 6 January 2022, 00:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This could have something to do with your graphics card. Are you able to successfully open any other analysis windows, like

• Analyze > Cross-Section
  • Analyze > PSF > FFT PSF

?

If those also fail, it’s almost certain a graphics card issue. You can find full details on how to address this here: What to do if the graphics windows in OpticsViewer are black or blank – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge

If it is a graphic card issue, perhaps you can use the old graphic library as fallback. In the “Setup” tab, click “Project Preferences”, then go the to “Graphics” section, and check the “Enable Classic View” option. You will probably need to close and restart Zemax.

This results in some (not all) windows offering the older graphs (“Classic” tab added at the bottom), which were less demanding on the graphic cards

There is also a “System Check” button on the “Help” tab that may help you testing if the graphic card is the problem.