Solved

Problem with using black box design files for Infinite conjugate microscope

• 18 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am modeling an infinite conjugate microscope system using off-the-shelf designs from Thorlabs.

1. Microscope objective: TL2X-SAP - 2X Super Apochromatic Microscope Objective, 0.1 NA
  2. Tube Lens 200mm: TTL200-A - Tube Lens, f = 200 mm, ARC: 350 - 700 nm

Individually the objective lens and tube lens designs works as expected. However, when they are put together, the image quality is far from nominal (1000 waves OPD).

I am unsure if it has got to do something with using multiple black box design files in a single zemax file or if there’s something fundamentally wrong with the combined design itself.

OPD
Image Sim
System

I have attached the zemax file with the combined microscope objective + tube lens and also the individual zemax BB files.

Any insight into what is causing the image quality to degrade by ≥ 1000 waves from nominal OPD is appreciated.

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Mike.Jones 18 November 2022, 21:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Look at your Aperture/Afocal checkbox.  Is it checked or unchecked?  Try both ways.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Also, it looks like defocus. Try refocusing the inter-black box and the final back gocal length.

Userlevel 1

Look at your Aperture/Afocal checkbox.  Is it checked or unchecked?  Try both ways.

Thank you, you were correct. This was checked in the objective black box design file.