Skip to main content

Hello, I have a file with CAD objects, Boolean Native objects, and a simple optical system.

Every time I try to save an image of the NSC Shaded Model Window OpticStudio crashes.  I have tried to save as .bmp and .png which both make it crash.  .jpeg is the only format that will save the image without crashing.

Is this a known issue or is there a setting making it crash?

I tried to change hardware and software blending as well.

Thank you.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Can you please check whether this crash happens to only this specific Zemax file or for all similar files? Additionally, would it be possible to share your file with so I can test it from my end?

Kind Regards,

Niki

Same problem here.  Was it resolved?

I’m not sure it is related, but the same happens to me even without CAD or Boolean objects. And also, it has crashed on me before with JPEG. It might be related to this:

I’ve described two workarounds that kind of do the job, but are far from ideal, perhaps it can help you until this gets fixed.

Take care,

David

Hi Michael, Donna and David,

Thank you for reporting this bug here. I would like to inform you that this is a known bug already reported on our system and is planned to be fixed on ZOS release 2025 R1. 

Apologies for any inconvenience, please let me know if you have any additional comments on this bug.

Kind Regards,

Niki