Solved

How do I increase the number of decimals in the surface property editor for apertures and obscurations?

• 9 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I would like to see 4 decimal places in my surface property editor when I apply circular apertures or obscurations to a surface in sequential mode.

I see the values being rounded to a single decimal point.  I am aware of changing the number of decimals displayed in the editors from the “preferences” menu, but I don’t see anything happening in this surface property editor.

Is the higher resolution value I enter actually being used (and just rounded in this editor) and how would I verify this?

Thanks

Pat

icon

Best answer by cynthiapadt 9 June 2023, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Hey Pat, 

There are two areas in the Project Preferences where the number of significant figures can be changed. Have you had luck going into the Project Preferences in the General tab and adjusting the number of significant figures there? 

I just checked the significant figures in the surface properties under the Aperture tab after making this change and it seems to work on my end. I am also using Ansys Zemax OpticStudio 2023R1. 

-Cynthia

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Cynthia’s answer is correct. For readers in general, the two places to change the displayed decimal places are in the General tab (as shown above) and in the Editors tab. Each controls different displays.

Kevin and Cynthia,

Changing the “general” tab significant figures worked.  I had only changed the “editors” tab previously.

Thanks,

Pat