Solved

Asking about the image simulation using convex mirror

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

• Single Emitter
  • 2 replies

Hello Team, 

I want to know the image formation reflected from the convex mirror as shown below, but I am having trouble with the image simulation program. Could you please help me?

My design is attached zipped file. Thank you. 

Configuration: An image (20x20 m) is placed in front of a convex mirror (ROC = 400 mm, Diameter = 300 mm) at a distance of 10m. And I want to know the image reflected by the mirror.

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 4 January 2024, 03:46

View original

3 replies

Configuration:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Sam :

I took a quick look at your model.  Two observations.  First, the thickness of the mirror surface should be negative.  In  general, the signs of all thickness following each mirror reflection incur a reversal. 

Second, even if the thickness is changed to -200 mm, the system is not forming an image -- so the Image Simulation tool would not be expected to yield a meaningful result.  An imaging system maps each point on the object to a point (or an approximate point depending on the degree of aberration) on the image surface.

The drawing in your initial post shows a camera.  If that’s the case, you should add a lens as part of the camera.  You could use a paraxial lens to do this.  The system stop should then be located at the camera lens.

Regards,

Jeff

@Jeff.Wilde Thanks for giving me great advice. 

Is this what you said:

I can see the reflected image based on the above data.