Solved

ZOS-API Syntax Help text size

• 28 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is it possible to increase the text size of the ZOS-API Syntax File? The text is so small I can hardly read it. I’ve tried to increase the Windows Font Size, look for zoom buttons, anything.. and seem to be stuck with miniature text size.. The font size will increase on everything except the useful text.. I’m an experienced computer use, so this shouldn’t be an issue.. Seems like a silly topic to post in the forums!

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 28 November 2021, 20:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Dave, 

That did work. 

I created another topic for this under: Matlab/Zemax LDE object manipulation. 

Any help you could provide there would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your reply. It is indeed suboptimal but I haven’t found a better solution yet :(

It is good practice to start a new topic if you have a question that is unrelated to your original post. That way, it could be easier for people to search for questiosn that were already asked.

Assuming the Interactive Extension works for you, you’ll need those lines of code:

TheObject = TheSystem.NCE.GetObjectAt(1)

TheObject.TiltAboutX = 15

The property TilteAboutX is read and write so you can access it directly. The same property exists for Y, and Z. GetObjectAt() will return the corresponding object from the NSC editor (it starts at 1).

Let me know if that works for you.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks David, as always!

Control+Scroll sort of works.. larger, although blurry. Better at least! It’s a Mac running Parallels, and Zemax is running in the Windows side, so Command+Scroll doesn’t do anything. 

What I’m actually after is how to tilt an object in the Non-sequential Lens Data Editor, from Matlab. The Matlab connection is working (using the NSE Ray Trace example).

Thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s a great suggestion.

In windows I use Ctrl+Scroll to make it larger. Any chance Cmd+Scroll works on Apple?

Take care,

David