Hello Zemax Community!

• 30 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello!

I want to introduce myself briefly to the Zemax community. My name is Ian Khaw and I am an Optical Engineer at Nanosys. I got my B.S. in Physics and M.S. in Optics. I have some experience in CAD and I am looking to expand my knowledge with Zemax. 

I am a beginner with Zemax OpticStudio. If anyone knows of any good sites, manuals, or tutorials on learning Zemax, please let me know. Thank you!

I look forward to talking with everyone in the forum!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Ian! 

Welcome to the community! For just getting started with OpticStudio, I recommend taking a look at this page: Free Tutorials – Zemax. Our team put together groups of Knowledgebase articles based on a particular subject; each subject is listed on this page. Reaching out to your colleagues on the forums is also a great way to learn! The search bar is global so you can use that to search across all of our resources :).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ian! 

Welcome to the community! For just getting started with OpticStudio, I recommend taking a look at this page: Free Tutorials – Zemax. Our team put together groups of Knowledgebase articles based on a particular subject; each subject is listed on this page. Reaching out to your colleagues on the forums is also a great way to learn! The search bar is global so you can use that to search across all of our resources :).

Thank you, I will be looking through the free tutorials and the knowledgebase articles!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Welcome to the community, Ian! We’re happy to have you. What types of applications are you working on?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Welcome to the community, Ian! We’re happy to have you. What types of applications are you working on?

Hi Alissa,

I am working towards modeling for HUD and AR.
I have been looking into the articles posted on Zemax to learn more about Optic Studio and HUD.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Awesome! We have a ton of resources about HUD and AR. It’s definitely a topic that gets Zemaxers excited. If you run into questions along the way, whether it’s early in your learning or really advanced, complex stuff down the road, we’ll definitely be interested to collab with you.

I should say - it’s not personally my area of expertise, but we have a couple team members who do know a LOT on the subject. I’m more of a business and software all-rounder/generalist. I know a little bit about a lot of things :grin: