Efficiency Tips & Tricks for OpticStudio

• 2 September 2020
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Apologies David. Copy is indeed ctrl+c and paste is ctrl+v. Thanks for pointing that out. I've corrected my post. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello David,

Thanks Sandrine for letting me in . I have tested in OS build 21.2 and it seems working fine . On clicking on Material column it opens correct material .

Sahil

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello  David,

Yeah I did in Non sequential editor. Yeah could be David 

Thanks

David

Userlevel 2

Hi Sandrine,

I couldn't find the file 'OpticStudio_new_shortcuts.CFG' inside the zip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Sandrine,

I have setup a non-sequential file with a single Standard Lens object (default parameters) made of N-BK7. If I click the Material cell, and open the Materials Catalog, it goes to AMTIR1 from the AMTIR.AGF catalog. I guess because its the first one in alphabetical order. I'm running the May 24, 2021 version (21.2).

Take care,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for looking into that Sandrine, but just to let you know that it doesn't bother me. It is just something I noticed.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for checking, you did it for non-sequential right?

Anyway, I don't mind, maybe its just my installation which is faulty.

The point is rather that its a cool feature to know about :D

Take care,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

To obtain POP image on shaded view, you can:

1. Open the POP settings to save the .ZBF file at all surfaces, please make sure that the .zbf file you save has the same name as the .zmx

2. Select the surface you want to show, go to the physical optics-> check draw fiber coupling on shaded model

3. Open shaded model plot

Hello! Is there a way to temporarily ignore or disable an object in Non-sequential mode? Is there a shortcut key for that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi David

It seems to work for me in non-sequential mode too. Would you mind checking again?

Sandrine

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi David

I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue. If I am on the material column, then opening the Materials Catalog opens the right material. I am testing in 21.2 too. I'll ask someone else to have a look. I might be missing something.

Sandrine