Tolerancing a part created using Part Designer

• 7 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I have created a custom part using Part Designer.  I have exposed a few of the points so they are visible in the non-sequential editor.  My system is in sequential mode with the custom part inserted in the system.  I can use these points in the MFE, but when I try to add them to the TDE and run a tolerance analysis, Opticstudio crashes and closes.  I am using TNPA in the TDE.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Cynthia! 

Sorry about that. I have run a test on my side and it also crashes. I will run some more tests and will report it to our developers.

Is this issue preventing you from working?

Sandrine

Hi Sandrine,

I did the sensitivity analysis manually, but I'd like to run a MC.  So it would be nice if it was working.  Good to know that it's a bug though, and I should be able to tolerance these points.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Cynthia

I don't know when the bug will be fixed. Would you like to open a case and share your file with us? We can see if there is a workaround. 

Sandrine

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Cynthia

Our developers have fixed the bug and it will be available in the coming release. In the meantime, you can avoid the bug by turning off our newest CAD libraries. 

Under Setup...Project Preferences...General, untick Use ACIS Libraries.

Sandrine