Solved

License transfer code request

I have activate my License before, but unfortunately I had to uninstall Zemax software from my Laptop. Now it is showing no License. I am unable to use my Zemax license because I have no License transfer code. I don’t know how to access the software.

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 26 April 2022, 17:59

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

Uninstalling Opticstudio doesn’t remove any licenses. If you reinstall it, the license should show back up. Just to verify, you haven’t also reinstalled Windows, correct? If not, then most likely the license service just isn’t working. See this article to repair it. 

https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005488741-How-to-troubleshoot-softkey-license-issues#repairing-the-licensing-runtime-0-8

Let me know how it goes!

Don D

Customer IT support

Thanks for your response…

Yes , actually you are right. I have reinstalled my windows recently. So now all the saved license have been lost. I don't know how to use my License again. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok thanks! 

I am going to email you directly momentarily with an attempt to recover the license since everybody shouldn’t and doesnt need to see that.

I meet the same problem, how to solve it?

Hi Don,

I have a similar problem. I also need the transfer code for my extended license. I had to reinstall windows completely.

Thanks and regards, Tuba

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Tuba.Conka  

There is no transfer code I can provide as they are not generated by Zemax. Normally you create the transfer code before reinstalling Windows, which will move the license off the machine temporarily. See the Zemax licensing policies for more details on how the licensing works and tips to avoid license loss.  

I am emailing you directly with an attempt to recover the license. 

Hi Don,

Unfortunately I also have the same problem due to new computer installation and cannot recover the code. Will you also be able to assist me?

Thanks and best regards,

Fatemeh

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Fatemeh.Jessen-Hansen  - Are you using the same computer you activated or a different one? If a different one, what happened to the activated machine? 

Hi Don,

I am using a different computer as we formatted everything and using the old computer for the lab measurement and I am gonna use my new laptop for Zemax simulation.

Br,

Fatemeh

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Fatemeh.Jessen-Hansen

Thanks! 

Before formatting / reinstalling the old machine, you should have transferred the license away from it, so you could receive the license on a different machine. See the Zemax Licensing policies for full details on how licensing works and tips to avoid license loss. It also has the lost license policy in case we cannot recover this license.

We will need to restore the license on the previously activated machine. Then you can transfer the license to the new one. I will message instructions privately