Solved

Rayfile conversion

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear All,

Some LED ray files exist only for LightTools, ASAP and TracePro but not in Zemax or Radiant Source format.

Anyone know how to convert between formats?  In particular into Zemax form?

I know that Converter 801 will go from .ttr and .ttl to any format, but first you need the .ttr file.

Somebody must surely have written a macro or an API program to do this conversion...

Thanks,

Ross

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 29 October 2020, 10:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Ross

I'm not familiar with all of those formats but I know that the Tracepro formats can be easily converted into OpticStudio source files.

Here is an example of a Tracepro file:

And the syntax of the OpticStudio.dat file is the following:

I have attached an example of a Tracepro file and its OpticStudio conversion.

I did the conversion manually but of course that could be automated in ZPL or using ZOS-API.

Could you let us know which LED ray files don't have the OpticStudio form? We could contact them.

Thank you.

Do not hesitate if you have any further questions.

Sandrine

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Goodmorning everyone,
I am also interested in the subject, having downloaded a file in the .ray format from the website of the Led ROHM manufacturer, I would like to convert it into a format that can be assimilated by the OS.

Hi Luca, sorry for being late. We have one converter available Ansys open project on GitHub | Zemax Community

Goodmorning everyone,
I am also interested in the subject, having downloaded a file in the .ray format from the website of the Led ROHM manufacturer, I would like to convert it into a format that can be assimilated by the OS.