Solved

POP simulation using Toroidal lens

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m using a lens that on both sides is Toroidal. When making Physical optics propagation, what are the things I need to be aware of in order to make a correct propagation? One thing I noticed is the ‘Separate X-Y’ ,  any other issues?

icon

Best answer by David 1 December 2022, 01:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

Separate X-Y is certainly appropriate for a toroidal lens. The POP display looks a lot like the intense core of the spot diagram. Perhaps the wider features in the spot diagram would be visible in the POP analysis if the POP field was enlarged and displayed with log scaling.

There are people on this forum who have more POP knowledge than I. Perhaps we will hear from them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You can find an excellent three-part article on using POP Here.

Thank you David, I’m asking particularly about Toroidal since it has no radial symmetry and I see some strange behavior when doing POP. I thought that the non symmetry could be the reason

The geometric ray trace spot footprint is totally different from the POP
POP spot height is about 3.4mm while geometric is 16 micron

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @AsafPe ! Sorry for the late reply. Would you like to share your file or email the support? Thank you.

Issue solved. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thank you for letting us know. I will tick David’s answer as the best, but feel free to add some comments for other users.