Solved

M square for multi configuration system

Userlevel 1

Hii All , How can I find out m square for final beam of multi configuation system ? POPD gives us the value for only one configuation. Right ?

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 28 July 2022, 12:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Tariq

Yes but you will have to use a macro.

You can sum the ZBF beam together and then calculate the M^2 of that new ZBF beam.

Userlevel 1

@Sandrine Auriol  Can you please elaborate a little , I am new in Zemax 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Tariq

Yes sure. Sorry I need to retype my message as it was cleared when I post it….

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

You can save the ZBF for each configuration here:

The ZBF files will be saved under {Zemax}\POP\BeamFiles.

Then you can write a macro that will add them. I have attached the macro in my previous post. It needs to be copied under {Zemax}\Macros. But here is a screenshot of the code:

Userlevel 1

@Sandrine Auriol  Hello, Sorry But i am not able to find M square by this code . can you please elaborate a little more. :)

Userlevel 1

Actually  i am working on a system which is a 10*1 beam combiner and i need to find m square for final beam ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The M^2 can be computed using the POPD operand data=25/26.
Look at this article to see how to use the POPD operand: https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005487221-What-is-the-size-of-my-POP-beam-

Userlevel 1

By the POPD I can only get for one configuration ? and the code is giving any output !

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes POPD works as any merit function operand. So it is one configuration at a time.

So once you have made the sum of your ZBF, you can then define it in POP and then use POPD to evaluate the M^2 of the sum

Userlevel 1

Sounds cool, going to try . Thanks 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Sandrine Auriol , I hope you are fine . Actually I am writing a ZPL file , in which I am summing 25 beams but not getting output file , the file is attached . 

And when I am importing file in POP , the effect in merit function ( by POPD (25)) is none. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @tariq_self,

I think the issue is that ZBFSUM only sums two ZBF files at a time. So you will have to do the sum in a loop. 

Let us know if you need any help on this.