Solved

How to specify adjustment surface for Surface Thickness tolerancing using Python ZOS-API

• 15 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to specify an adjustment surface relative to another surface for thickness variation. I am developing a custom script to perturb surface #1 thickness and I would like to specify surface #6 as the adjustment surface (I am not sure if calling surface #6 as compensator surface is correct)

Basically, I would like to implement the functionality of the TTHI command using ZOS-API.

TTHI command: Surface #, Adjustment Surface # (Tolerance on thickness or position in lens units, with optional adjusted)

Thanks - A

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 17 October 2022, 13:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Asuku !

Setting surface 6 as the compensator is not quite the same functionality as a surface thickness adjustment, as a compensator is optimized vs a criterion. A surface thickness adjustment is just taking an extra thickness and affecting it to another surface.

I think you should be able to read the variation of the thickness, right? Then it can be applied to your surface 6 for example. We have some solves like position solves but I am not sure it is needed here.

Userlevel 1

Hi Sandrine, yes that is exactly what I would like to do. I would like to set Surface# 6 as adjustment. 

So, you suggest that I manually change thickness on Surface6 based on the Δ change in Surface #1?

• A 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Asuku, did these suggestions work for you?