Solved

collimated led

hallo,
i had been working with regular LED´s as my source of illumination and was planning to change the source to be collimated, i tried looking into the merit functions but nothing came up. Can someone help me with this. 

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 16 May 2022, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Athul,

What do you mean by

regular LED´s as my source of illumination

Because this is not an existing Source Object in OpticStudio. Also, when you say you want to change the source to be collimated. Are you trying to collimate the LED or do you just want any kind of collimated source? Could you give us more details about your application, perhaps a simple example file?

Take care,

David

Hi David,

I was using standard source ellipse as my light source in my project work and the resluts were not good as expected and while looking into it the issue was the light wasn´t collimated. So i changed my source to an LED and was trying to collimate it. But its not working. I am realtively new to Zemax

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Athul,

Don’t worry about being new to Zemax, we all started somewhere.

I still don’t understand your problem completely. Don’t forget there are many types of LEDs and different ways one can collimate them. Could you elaborate on what you tried to do and consider sharing this file with us? More specifically, how were you trying to collimate your LED? When you say its not working, what is the actual problem? Do you get an error?

For collimation, in Non-Sequential mode, you could use the RMS Angular Radius as the optimization criterion. But, without further information on your system, it is hard to help you further.

Have a look at these articles, they are a good starting point to get into OpticStudio Non-Sequential mode.

Take care,

David