Solved

Avoid updating of locked windows

I lock analysis windows eventually requiring high computation time (for example Geometric Bitmap Image Simulation), so that I can work and update the other windows in the meantime.

When a project file is opened, all the windows update, even if they are locked. This is uncomfortable. I know that I can “Terminate” the computation of analysis windows, but I think that locked windows should remain locked (= not updated) even at the opening of the file.

Thank you

Iari

icon

Best answer by Kevin Scales 29 June 2022, 23:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Iari,

It’s likely that you are not saving Calculated Data in your Session File. When you load everything, there’s no data to see so OpticStudio has to re-calculate. Try going to the Advanced tab in the System Explorer and clicking to include the calculated data. It’s often turned off to make saved .ZRD files smaller (sometimes a lot smaller) but the drawback is that there’s then no data to use in cases like this.

Hello,

IMHO, regardless of whether the data are saved or not, if a windows is locked it shouldn’t be calculated/updated at the opening of the project..

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well, the data in the locked window can only be restored if it is first saved, yes?

The idea is that the restoration of a locked window is not always required/appropriate at the opening of a file :)